Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Break

My school system was out all last week for fall break. Saturday morning, we left for Destin with Nana and Hondo. I've never been to Destin, but was really looking forward to checking out Baytowne and the outlet mall. Nana and Hondo wanted to spend lots of time with Cooper, so Jeff and I were out and about quite a bit. We ran into Kyle's best friend Scotty and his parents, who now live in Destin, so it was a great surprise to see them during one of our shopping excursions.


Nana and Hondo took us out for a nice dinner at Cantina Laredo. They had an awesome pomegranate margarita!


Cooper and Hondo hanging out by the pool.


Cooper and Jeff enjoying their after-dinner stroll.


Me and Cooper


Nana feeding Cooper at Another Broken Egg in Baytowne. See her breakfast? It was this insane combination of cinnamon roll and french toast. Nana said she'd had enough after a few bites- I can't blame her!

Even though fall break didn't turn out like I'd hoped with Grandmama's passing, I did get to spend some quality time with Cooper. I made biscuits one morning and what goes better with biscuits? Yogurt melts!



Baby Cooper is quickly turning into Toddler Cooper. In the span of a week, he's gone from taking 3-4 steps independently to being able to walk the length of a room on his own. He'll hold your hand and walk too, but would really rather be on his own. He's eating more table food and loves Gerber chicken and carrot ravioli, any type of bread (biscuits, toast, bagel, muffin), and has been practicing the sign for "more." We've tried eggs and chicken, but he doesn't seem to be a fan...at least not yet.

As always, his favorite pastime is pulling DVDs out of the entertainment center:

Please ignore the DVRed episode of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" being watched in the background...


"Look Mom! No hands!"

No comments:

Post a Comment