Cooper and I spent Wednesday together since I was off work. We didn't do a whole lot, but it was nice to have the time together. After our breakfast of biscuits, we played, watched TV, made a trip to my parents' house to drop off our contribution of Sister Shubert rolls for Thanksgiving, then waited for Jeff to get home from work to spend some time together as a family.
Thursday morning, we woke up, had breakfast, then watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Jeff played football with Kyle, my dad, and Daddy's high school friends in what has been dubbed the "Cranberry Bowl." It's a tradition that celebrated its 40th- and possibly last- year and one that Jeff joined when we started dating. Once Jeff made it home and got ready, we headed to his grandparents' house for the first stop of the day. After stuffing ourselves, we left for my grandmother's house. Things got a little interesting there, as both of her toilets overflowed because of tree roots growing in the plumbing. To add to the excitement, my cousin Erin cut her hand as she was trying to turn off the water to one of the toilets, prompting a trip to Walgreen's for first-aid supplies and all of us suggesting a tetanus shot! Next stop was my Aunt Leigh and Uncle Mark's house where we rolled our fat selves through the door for meal #3 of the day. Cooper loves Aunt Leigh and Uncle Mark's house because they have a sunken den with a perfect sized step leading to it. It's great for independent 13 month olds to get up and down! By the end of the day, Jeff and I were exhausted and Cooper was still going strong! Good thing we have great family members who love Cooper and are happy to pick up the slack when his parents are about to fall asleep standing up!
Man on the move! You can see the step referred to above and Uncle Kyle trying to make sure Coop stays upright.
Cooper loved pumpkin pie. Aunt Rita gave him his first bite and he was hooked, so Daddy shared his piece!
Me and Kyle- I think we were working on our Christmas lists!
Jeff and I are not Black Friday store shoppers. Notice I said "store" shoppers- we're all about online shopping! We had breakfast and took turns watching and playing with Cooper until about 10:30am when I decided the crowds had died down enough for me to tackle my favorite store for Cooper- Janie and Jack. They had a sale in store and online, but it was a better deal for us to go to the store. It worked well- I ran in while Jeff and Cooper drove around, bought what I wanted, then ran back out to the car. We made a few more stops, then came home. I am getting into Glee, so while Cooper and Jeff relaxed, I watched some episodes. Jeff's dad's side of the family celebrates Thanksgiving Friday night, so we got ready and headed to Nana and Hondo's. Cooper loved all the attention from everyone and tried out chicken and dumplings- a new favorite!
GiGi, Aunt Shana, and Uncle Billy keep Cooper and Carnie entertained.
"Put me down, Mama!"
Cooper loves looking out the glass door at Nana and Hondo's- he's headed to check out their Christmas lights!
Saturday and Sunday were lazy days for us. We spent a lot of time together and Cooper spent Saturday night with Nana and Hondo so Jeff and I could go out to dinner with our friends Dave and Shanda. We've been playing all afternoon and are about to go to my parents' house for dinner.
It's been a great weekend, but it's back to work tomorrow. Can you believe it's less than 4 weeks until Christmas?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment