Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I have to be honest and say that I am not into resolutions. I think it sets you up for a lot of failure. All this pressure about it being a new year and needing to be better at something- losing weight, get rid of a bad habit- only to give up within 2 weeks.

This year, I've picked some things that I really want to improve on. There's a lot of ground I feel like I can cover and Jeff and I can do some of these together.

1. Work on debt- this is a long-term goal for me and Jeff. We have some major things we'd like to do, not only this year, but in the years to come. Taking trips, making some improvements to our house, selling and buying a new house are all plans for us in the coming years, but some progress needs to be made in order to make all this happen.

2. Cook at home- this was something I promised myself I was going to do last year. I won't say I was overly successful, but I did add a few more dishes to our rotation of dinners and learned how to brown ground beef and cook chicken in the crock-pot. I hope to make more progress this year, especially as Cooper eats more table food.

3. Eat healthier- I have gotten into a terrible habit of eating Chick-Fil-A for more meals a week than I'd like to admit. At one point, not too long ago, I was eating lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I plan on getting back into that habit, bringing Jeff and Cooper along with me. It's better for all of us, not only health-wise, but financially.

4. Take time for the small things- I've already started working on this. I'm taking time out of each day for myself, usually reading for 30 minutes each night before bed and always working out in the mornings. Now that Cooper is older, on the move, and starting to understand how to play, I'm finding such joy in watching him discover how his toys work, how much he knows, and how happy he is.

There are more things to work on and improvements can always be made, but I feel like these are some of the issues that can be worked on in which little victories can lead to big ones.

What are some of your resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment