Yep, hard to believe that in 3 months, Cooper will be 2 years old. It's such a cliche, but time really does fly when you have a baby. My heart jumps a little when I see pictures of Cooper as a baby compared to today. He's grown up so fast and these days, he's more little boy than baby.
So, what's our kiddo up to these days? "Daredevil" is probably the best way to describe Cooper. He will climb on anything, fling himself off everything, and isn't afraid of trying stuff that makes us very nervous. Saturday, I put Cooper down for a nap, but a few minutes later, Jeff and I heard a weird noise, then jiggling on the doorknob. We opened the door and there stood Cooper, all smiles, saying "Hiiiii!" like it was completely normal that he be meeting us at the door. We put him back in the crib, just to see if he would climb out with us standing there and sure enough, without any effort whatsoever, he had one leg over the rail, hoisted himself up, and flung the other leg over. He hasn't tried it again and the mattress is on the lowest setting, so I'm not sure what our next move is going to be.
His vocabulary has really taken off. My worries about him not being on track in this area have dissipated. New favorites include "turtle", "bus", "monkey", and "Pete" (short for St. Pete- where we go on vacation). We're working on "I love you" and he will at least attempt to repeat a word if you ask him to. Yesterday in the car, I sneezed, and he told me "Bless you!" even though it came out more like "Bess eww!" I didn't even know he had been paying attention when we said it to him, so imagine my surprise when he used in the correct context!
Cooper is into some weird eating habits these days. He doesn't eat much at any meal, but every once in a while will chow down like he's never had a meal in his life. Hmm...I think we wore him out on hot dogs and grilled cheese because he turns his nose up at those most days. He'll eat peanut butter and jelly at Lala's house, but not ours. He was more concerned about squishing his watermelon than eating it last night, but still eats apples and bananas rather well. Honey Smacks cereal seems to be the new favorite food and he'll dive into anything that needs dipping (think chips and dip, chicken nuggets and BBQ sauce). We just keep trying stuff, hoping the new and healthy foods stick.
He still loves to be read to and will bring us books, allowing us to read 2-3 pages, then takes the book away from us. My mom said when she was keeping him the other day, he did stop to watch "Elmo's World" for a few minutes, but I can't say that we've noticed any TV watching (not that we're encouraging it). He is VERY into golf. Every open field we pass just has to be a golf course and he loves hitting golf balls with his putter around the house. He still loves being outside and playing in water- water table, pool, sprinkler, sink, bathtub- doesn't matter to Cooper! Every silver car we pass is "Mama" (I drive a silver Camry) and every dark colored car we pass is "Dada" (Jeff drives a charcoal gray Tahoe). He points out every single drop of water, cat, bird, and dog when we walk, so we figure his eyesight is pretty good, too!
We're so excited to see how Cooper does on our vacation. We figure he'll love the gulf and pool, but are concerned about traveling. Last year, he slept almost the whole way. I'm not sure our luck is going to be so great this year, but we're hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment