Cooper and I have been home together this week. Anyone who has or has had a 2 year old knows these are some trying times. Like him spilling my coffee on the carpet in the den yesterday- that was very, very trying. I find that saying, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Meeeery Kissmas!" often helps make these times better. Jeff is off work until Tuesday, so we're taking turns wrangling and watching endless hours of Sesame Street and Willy Wonka. YouTube is a beautiful thing.
And did you hear? Uncle Tada graduated from Memphis this past Saturday!!

Anyone hiring hard-working, recent college grads?
It has been brought to my attention there are people out there who despise parents who have their Elf on the Shelf do funny things around the house, even creating a blogpost called, "People I Want to Punch in the Face..." Let me say this: while you are being super mom, incessantly posting pictures of your child on Facebook, making healthy lunches with shaped sandwiches, hand-crafting Halloween costumes, and planning the perfect birthday party, I'm in cahoots with Fred. Just let me have this. You can be the room mother who puts me to shame with your baking skills. You can be the mom who looks like a supermodel after giving birth and I'll compliment you, yet secretly be jealous. Let me have this one, somewhat creative-even-though-I-stole-the-really-creative-ideas aspect of parenthood.
With that, I bring you Fred's latest trick:

Please don't punch me in the face. And notice the mess on the counter.
Love this!
ReplyDelete