I fought joining Pinterest for a long time. I'd heard about it and it seemed like another way for me to feel like a lazy mom. Jeff's mom told me about it and I refused to even look. Then two friends from work started talking about it and again, I bucked at the idea. One of them said it really made you feel like you could be crafty/creative/a good cook/whatever, then sent me an invite.
And now I'm hooked.
I'm pinning home ideas, holiday ideas, recipes, funny sayings, making boards, and acting like I'm going to follow through with all of it.
You can stop laughing because I've already made my first recipe. Peanut Butter Fudge- take a can of vanilla frosting, a jar of creamy peanut butter, melt them together in the microwave for a minute, stir together, and spread evenly onto a lightly greased foil or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 2 hours, then cut into squares.
You can start laughing again because I do realize that is just about the epitome of "low class" cooking. I've already had one very failed attempt at making real fudge (as in 3 years later, I'm still finding remnants of it around the eyes of the stove), but I love it and this is about as foolproof as you can get.
I might have gotten inspired because I also made Peppermint Patty Brownies...and that recipe wasn't even from Pinterest! Make brownie mix normally, spread half of the mix into an 8x8 Pyrex dish, layer York Peppermint Patties on top of mix, spread the remaining mixture on top of the peppermint patties, and bake.
We'll see how long I keep up with it and how creative I become, but the recipes have been a hit, so I *might* be building some confidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment