Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Fun

After working the first few weeks of summer break, I finally was able to get some time off to spend with Cooper. I have had more fun listening and having conversations with him, even if I am worn out from how energetic he is. I scoured Pinterest for some kid-friendly fun ideas that we could do together. One of the first things I found was painting with shaving cream.

 Basically, you mix shaving cream and food coloring together:
Then paint. Except if you're Cooper...Cooper wanted nothing to do with it and preferred to make a huge mess with the water hose:
 

We were able to swim at Aunt Leigh, Uncle Mark, and Regina's pool. We definitely have a water baby on our hands and Jeff hated having to work instead of spend the day at the pool with us.  

Unfortunately when we got home, I discovered our air conditioner was leaking. After an early evening visit from a HVAC repairman, it was discovered our condensation pump was broken. Even more unfortunately, we could not get it repaired until today (Monday). Coopie tried to cool off with a popsicle and I was even told by Jeff that he'd make sure none got on the furniture after I asked that it not be eaten anywhere but the kitchen:
  

We celebrated Father's Day with breakfast at Stone Soup, a long walk downtown and tried to stick it out at home, but just could not take it anymore. We spent the night at Nana and Bobo's house since they are out of town and as of late this afternoon, we are back in our house! 

I have a "to-do" list I am hoping to complete this summer. I am still working on painting our new doors, but making progress. I've cleaned out some of Cooper's toys and he now has a new toy box in his room. The pack and play that has been in our den since we brought Cooper home from the hospital- first as a a place to nap, then as another toy box- is in storage and it makes me kinda sad that it is gone. 

I have a few more weeks off, then return to work for two weeks before we go on vacation. I am really excited to see how Cooper does at the beach this year. We're having so much fun and I can't wait for it to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment