Mix equal parts water and flour together, then add food coloring. I used basic colors, but also found neon food coloring on clearance at Target. Leave it to me to be the overachiever on how many colors to use:

Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, put the cotton balls on the baking sheet, and bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes.
I did not use non-stick spray and if we do this again, I probably will. Most of them came off with a little work, but a few stuck and the cotton ball stretched apart. I would also bake them a little longer. They were supposed to be "crispier" so they really cracked when you hit them, but I did not cook them long enough.
We headed outside and showed Cooper how to bash the cotton balls with his baseball bat. Then he took over:
As long as it took you to look at that picture was as long as the fun with bashing cotton balls lasted. Cooper was right back to playing golf, baseball, and begging to turn the water hose on. Seems like I'm enjoying the Pinterest kids' ideas much more than he is!


No comments:
Post a Comment