We had a low key 4th of July this year. Jeff and I are both working this week, so while we had the day off, we wanted to relax knowing we would be right back at work Thursday.
Instead of driving to Dyer for the 4th of July festivities, we opted for a long walk downtown. I was being lazy, so we got started a lot later than expected and I didn't hydrate like I should have, so we were going at a much slower pace than normal. We made a stop by Nana and Bob-O's, then headed home to relax.
My grandmother has had some health issues, which also contributed to the low-key day because my parents are helping her quite a bit. Once everyone had dinner, we met up Pops, YaYa, Tada, Uncle Mark, Aunt Leigh, Regina, and some of their friends for the fireworks.
Here are Regina and Cooper waiting for the fireworks to start. She's our super star swimmer and just broke her record in the 800 meters by 23 minutes, which also set a new team record. She'll be a freshman at the same high school Jeff, Tada, and I graduated from this year and has already made their swim team because her times are better than any records already set for the school. Yeah, she's freakishly good. We probably should start saving up for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Cooper was a little freaked at the beginning of the fireworks and wanted to go back to Jeff's car. Pops swooped in and saved the day and he and Cooper provided some "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" sounds for us as the fireworks exploded. Once Cooper got comfortable, he enjoyed watching the show.
YaYa loves giving glow sticks and brought along one for Cooper. He used it as everything from a toy gun (definitely discouraged by me) to a sword to a camera.
We're all dragging a little this morning because several people in our neighborhood were setting off fireworks of their own when we got home. That continued until close to midnight when everyone apparently banded together for a grand finale that woke us all up. I think we're all hoping that will be the end of the fireworks so we can get a better night's sleep.
Hope your 4th was fun-filled and exciting!



No comments:
Post a Comment