Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Someone's Been Pinteresting




And from the looks of it, you'd think it's Cooper. If you've been on Pinterest, you've surely seen the pictures of the cute/perfect/whimsical (add whatever other adjective) food/craft/wreath (add whatever other noun) coupled with the "fail" picture someone has goofed up. That's what happens in most cases with me and Pinterest.

At the top, you will see cupcakes I made for my department's open house. You will see I attempted to make Christmas trees, wreaths, and Rudolph and you will see the attempt failed. Thankfully not so bad that I felt the need to remake them (or call Muddy's for an emergency order), though others may disagree.

Next are pretzel, Hershey Kiss, M&M bite things. I don't think or know if they have an official name, but I didn't screw these up as much as the cupcakes. Hooray! Lay out some square pretzels, put Hershey Kisses on top of them, let them melt slightly in a 350 degree oven, then smush a M&M into the kiss. So easy even I can do it. These are also for the open house...my poor co-workers.

The last picture was one of my contributions to Thanksgiving. It was a Weight Watchers friendly Pumpkin Spice Trifle. I really went out on a limb on this one, not only making something other than congealed cranberry sauce and Sister Shubert rolls, but in tweaking the original recipe I found and not trying it out before I served it to others. Certainly not the prettiest, but I'm pleased to report that it was a hit.

I've got all kinds of things pinned for the holidays and Jeff can tell when I'm a roll when the grocery list gets longer and more obscure. He laughed at me decorating cupcakes so much I started getting a complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment