It's awards show season and the Golden Globes, my favorite, was televised last night. Everyone drinks and it's much funnier than the Oscars, especially when you have people like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting (although I loved Ricky Gervais, too).
We haven't seen many movies this year, so we have a lot to see before the Oscars. We saw Silver Lining's Playbook (I loved it, Jeff thought it was okay), but Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln, and Argo are on my list.
Unfortunately, I didn't think any of the fashions this year were amazing. No one stunned me, although there were plenty that really didn't hit the mark.
Bless Jessica Chastain's heart- nothing about this dress was cute.
Love Jennifer Lawrence and her dress. I was so glad she won for Silver Lining's Playbook.
I am OBSESSED with Homeland. We just finished season 1 and the first two episodes of the 2nd season through a free preview weekend and now I'm trying to justify us getting premium channels. Anyway, I love Claire Danes, her entire look, and am trying really hard not to be jealous that she looks better 1 month after giving birth than I do 3 years and 3 months after it.
This dress looked so familiar to me and I think I know why. My grandmother wore a similar one when either my parents or my aunt got married. Both happened in 1977, so if Mayim Bialik was going for "vintage", she succeeded.
Another reason to upgrade- Girls. I've heard great things about the show and it won several awards last night. Best dressed to Lena Dunham wasn't one of them.
Some of my favorite awards show people are Helana Bonham Carter and Tim Burton. This is a tame look for her, so I have to admit, I'm disappointed.
I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but sometimes I love Anne Hathaway and other times, she seems so over the top that it's almost unbearable. It's almost like she tries so hard to be genuine that she becomes disingenuous. She reminds me of a kewpie doll here (even though I love the haircut), but the dress doesn't "WOW" me.
We get it, J. Lo. You're older and can still pull off a dress most people would never give a second look to. Just because you CAN wear it doesn't mean you SHOULD. Jessica Alba, however- I love the dress, the hair, the makeup, and especially, the purse.
Eva Longoria bordered on the J. Lo line with her dress, but for some reason, I think she pulled hers off better. Daring, yes, and maybe a bit much with the slit in the front and up the leg, but it was much more elegant.
I'm one of the 10 people in the world who hasn't caught on to the Downton Abbey craze, but loved Michelle Dockery's dress. I thought the color and shape looked so elegant on her.
And just because...











My favorite blog post of the year! And Claire Danes can look like that because she has a nannny, a cook, a trainer, and a maid. I love Downton Abbey and I'm a tad disappointed that you don't watch it. Bradley Cooper, yes thank you.
ReplyDelete