Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jeff's 1st Father's Day

We had an enjoyable weekend and celebrated Jeff's 1st official Father's Day, mainly with lots of golf. LOTS and LOTS of golf. I won't lie and say I hate watching tournaments, but seriously, after almost 3 days non-stop of the US Open, I was over it. Alas, it was Father's Day and figured he deserved the remote after sitting through countless hours of Ellen, The Real Housewives of New Jersey (or New York, Atlanta, Orange County...), and whatever else I have clogging up the DVR. Nevermind that he's usually sulking behind his laptop and there's another TV in the house, but I digress...

Anyway, we did get out and about some- breakfast at Trolley Stop Market (home of the Buns on the Run pancakes- yay!) Saturday, a couple of walks around the neighborhood, and grilling out Saturday night. Cooper and I went to church Sunday morning while Jeff and his dad golfed (see a pattern?). We had lunch with Jeff's family to celebrate his cousin's new job and move to Charlotte and were able to spend time with Hondo and Nana (Jeff's parents) and Pops, YaYa, and Uncle Kyle (my family).

Jeff deserves so much more than anything Cooper and I could ever give him for being such a good daddy and husband. Did y'all know he would wake up with me for Cooper's feedings when he was a tiny baby? Yep...he'd sit up with me and we'd watch TV, talk, and sometimes he'd feed Cooper so I could get extra sleep. He's my calming influence when my first-time mom worries interfere with my ability to think clearly and I can already tell he and Cooper are going to be best friends. I'm a lucky girl.

To our dads: thanks for being such wonderful men. Bob- thank you for showing Jeff how to be a great father and husband. To my Daddy- thank you for always convincing me to "Breathe in, breathe out, and move on" even when you know me well enough to know it may not happen. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment