In pure Radford fashion (okay, more Bailey than Radford), we ran a few minutes late. We parked and I got my phone out to call Tori. Umm-no service in Dyer. I knew they were somewhere along the parade route, so we set off walking and cut across the main street while traffic was stopped at the beginning of the parade. We didn't get too far before we saw Jeff, Tori, and Tori's parents...across the street. So, we waited for another lull in the parade and cut across the street. I'm sure the Dyer folks were laughing at us city people looking out of place. If I'd have known, we would have paid the entry fee and been in the parade for real!
We spent some time at the park for the arts and crafts festival, then got the grand tour of Dyer, including the infamous City Lumber and great McCurdy sod farm. It is Small Town, USA, and I can definitely see why Tori loves it so much. We ended up at Justin and Allison Little's house for lunch and spending time with their adorable daughter, Samantha.
Here are some pictures from the day:
Cooper enjoying the parade
Show tractors- yes, that's right. I am told, by those that know, that these are not working tractors, but show tractors. Who knew such a thing existed, but let me tell you- they were in PRISTINE condition.
Jeff, Cooper, and me at the arts and crafts festival
"Fun, Fairy Godmother" Tori, Samantha, Cooper, and Jeff
We can't wait to go back to Dyer for more fun!
Glad you enjoyed Dyer, but it really was one of the calmest 4th of July's ever. Make it a tradition and come back next year. We'll see if we can have more fun...and maybe have a pool if we can sweet talk Tori!
ReplyDelete