Y'all remember when I started this blog and how I didn't know how often I'd update it? This is the time I was talking about.
School started Monday and so far, it's gone well. We've changed some procedures and that's improved the registration process for our latecomers. I had in-service last week and worked about 4 weeks this summer, so I felt like I was still in somewhat of a routine. Jeff, Cooper, and I have continued our morning walks, albeit a little earlier, but it gets the morning off to a good start.
All this to say, I feel like a chicken with my head cut off.
The first 3 days of work have gone well, but I am beat when I leave. From there, I pick up Cooper and once we get home, it's time for his bath, dinner, and not too much later, a book, prayers, and bottle. Somewhere in the middle of all this, Jeff takes Cooper for me to put together dinner or I keep Cooper entertained if Jeff is grilling out. Lately, it's been around 8pm before I'm even sitting down and by 9pm, I'm ready to crash.
Add to all this, my grandmother (Grandmama- Daddy's mother) is in the hospital again. She was in almost 2 weeks in July while we were on vacation due to fluid building in her lungs associated with congestive heart failure. She contracted a staph infection, then had a seizure, which has now left her unable to drive for at least 6 months. She was released last week, but when my dad took her to the doctor today, he admitted her into the hospital again- this time, he diagnosed her with renal failure. Her anti-seizure medicine makes her sleep all the time, one of her lungs is filled with scar tissue from radiation used to treat her breast cancer when I was little, her heart isn't pumping the way it should, and her kidneys aren't flushing out her body's impurities. Basically, the doctors don't know if her condition(s) are reversible. This is just one of those situations where you feel helpless and have to trust the doctors your loved ones have enlisted to help them.
I'm ready for some time to sit, spend time with my family, and enjoy life around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment