Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthdays, Milestones, and Road Trips

It's been a rather eventful week for us. Jeff and I have both had busy weeks at work, I had my 29th birthday (who knew being so close to 30 would make me feel so old), Cooper hit a major milestone, and we took a road trip to Jackson to see our favorite people.

Jeff and I are in full swing at our jobs. Jeff received a new client this week, given to him because of his history of being able to grow new accounts. I am so proud of him and his willingness to continually take on more responsibility at work to help us.

One of the many perks of my job is going to counselor breakfasts, lunches, and events put on by various colleges. Most of these events are during the fall semester, so I am in and out of the office quite a bit, learning about what's new and improved for the colleges. Add to this, I spent an entire day giving presentations to the senior class, another day at in-service at the board, and that leaves about 2 days in the office last week to get a week's worth of worth done. Yikes!

Wednesday was my 29th birthday and the theme was apparently "Pamper Jana- she desperately needs it!" Fine by me...who can argue with Gould's gift cards from Cooper and Kyle, a hot stone massage and books from my parents, an adorable laptop bag and "It's Complicated" from Jeff, and the Lady Gaga CD and spending money from Bob and Amy? Not me. Hopefully I can convince myself to not spend all my pampering gifts in one day. Tempting...

Bob and Amy had my parents and Kyle over for a birthday celebration Thursday night. Little did we know, Cooper was going to perform for all of us. His timing couldn't have been better to take his first steps. We were all in the living room and he was pulling up on the entertainment center. There are chairs on either side- I was in one and my dad was in the other- and all of a sudden, he let go and toddled to my dad. Of course, we had to see him do it again, so we put him back in front of the entertainment center, he let go and toddled again. After the third time, he wasn't really into performing anymore, but it was certainly something none of us will forget!

Cooper also has taken to crawling and cruising around with his tongue out and teething on anything he can, like windowsills. We can only assume it feels good on his teeth, but it's odd to have to pull your child off part of a house. Someone please tell me your children teeth on weird stuff, too.

To round out my birthday week, we drove up to Jackson, Tennessee, to see our best friends, the Lesters. I've blogged about them before- "Fun Fairy Godmother Tori" is Cooper's Godmother and her husband is "Fun Financial Planner Jeff". I had asked to take a trip to see them because, really, can you see your best friends enough? Not in our case. The guys headed out to play golf while Tori and I drove around Jackson with Cooper and did a little shopping. We headed back home for lunch and once the guys made it back from golfing, we went out for pedicures. Oh.My.Goodness. Happy Nails is the new nail place in Jackson and the pedicure was as good as any I've had. The owners were super nice and even the wait was pleasant since Tori and I were able to get some reading done. Cooper had a great time dodging dog kisses from Hank and Avery and we hated having to leave Jackson this morning.

Here are a few pictures from our trip:


A pretty typical face for Coop these days.


Right after being pulled off the windowsill by his Mama, nicknamed "The Grim Reaper of Fun" by Jeff.


Playing with Jeff, Hank, and Avery.


Checking out Jeff and Tori's DVD collection.


Looking at pictures with Tori.

1 comment:

  1. Your Godfather says "I like the boy's style...timing is everything!!" We are so glad that Cooper did not slight anyone when it came to taking his first steps...and on Mom's birthday, too. What a present!!

    ReplyDelete