Monday, September 27, 2010

They're Baaaack!

What's back, you ask? Well, we're not quite sure. It's a critter of some kind, but whatever it is, it's not welcome in the Radford household.

Back in the spring, we heard rustling and scratching at night. I swore it was in the walls; Jeff swore it was in the attic. Personally, I didn't care, but knew something was in our house that didn't belong. A call to Critter Ridders and we were diagnosed with roof rats. I freaked. Rats? We keep the house clean! No matter, especially when you have neighbors who don't care about the way their property looks. They have a huge, gaping hole in their house that Critter Ridders says is housing no telling what and the "no telling what" made its way to us. Fantastic.

After a costly afternoon of having super-duper rat traps set and entry holes repaired, we were on our way to be roof rat free. We were told that if we were home, we'd hear the snap traps. WHAT EXCITEMENT! And yes, on a few occasions, we did hear the snap. We got to be pretty good friends with the Critter Ridder guys after all this, plus the "removal" of our rat friends.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I hear rustling again. Jeff tries to convince me it's the refrigerator or dishwasher making noise, but he finally caught it at the right time to realize that yes, we have some form of critter again, but this time in the walls. Critter Ridders comes out again, says there are no entry points, so we're left to figure out what it is on our own. At 2am this morning, Avery decided she'd like to help and proceeded to bark at the cabinet under the kitchen sink until we all got up for good at 4am.

Now we're hoping for a better night sleep and that whatever it is, finds itself caught in a trap. Is that mean?

2 comments:

  1. Mike and I sympathize...we had the same battle when we moved into this house. It is so creepy to hear those critters that don't belong. I felt so invaded. Just a few weeks ago I was afraid ours were back, too. Luckily it turned out to be squirrels throwing pecans onto the roof from the pecan tree that is in our side yard. Now, pecans are gone and so are the noises. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how little noises can make you feel so uncomfortable in your own home. We didn't hear anything last night (other than Avery getting up for a midnight snack), but I feel like I sleep with one eye open!

    ReplyDelete