Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Cooper is so lucky to have Jeff as his daddy and I definitely could not do without him.

Overall, we had a really relaxing weekend. I fixed a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits Saturday morning, then we headed to my aunt and uncle's pool to swim. Cooper had so much fun. He's definitely is a water baby who doesn't shy away from going under water. Because of my schedule this summer, I don't think we're going to be able to swing swim lessons, but they will be on the list for next year. One thing we did discover is that Cooper doesn't like to float on his back. I tried a few times, but I guess he doesn't feel safe and would fight to get upright each time I tried.

Jeff's request for Father's Day was chicken wings from Central BBQ for lunch and to watch the US Open. Safe to say, he got his wish. We watched the whole tournament over the weekend- from early morning coverage on the Golf Channel to the very end when Rory McIlroy hoisted the trophy. We had dinner with my parents and brother to celebrate Father's Day and discuss our upcoming annual family vacation.

Cooper and I have spent the day together today. We slept in a little, so we took our morning walk a little later than usual. There was a nice enough breeze that we took a really long walk, then stayed outside and played. I kept forgetting that the Easter Bunny brought colored bubbles for Cooper, so I thought they might be something different to try out. Cooper loved them, but hasn't mastered blowing bubbles...see?


I promise they are non-toxic.

I had just as much fun with the bubbles as Cooper. When you blow the bubbles, they come out blue and green (or whatever color(s) you buy- they have pink, purple, and orange, too) and leave the surface colored when they pop. That's one reason why Cooper has some color on him and why the water table water is a little blue. The color was much more vivid than I anticipated and so far, it hasn't stained anything (clothes from today are in the washing machine now- if you get these for your child, I wouldn't wait to wash them). As weird as it sounds, the green didn't work as well as the blue. Not sure why, but these are a lot of fun and I'll probably buy some more to take on our vacation.

And to further prove that Jeff and I deserve the "Parents of the Year" award: Cooper has learned to load DVDs into the blu-ray player. Anyone who says kids don't mimic what they see has no idea! Whether he was really into the movie or tired from our busy morning, this is what I found after cleaning up Cooper's lunch:


Looks like he loves "Elf" as much as his Mama does!

2 comments:

  1. Vacation - Are y'all coming through the ATL? We would love to see y'all and you are more than welcome to stay here with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, you know Andy and I have "Parents of the Year" wrapped up for 2011.

    ReplyDelete