Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hot as Blue Blazes

Is it hot enough out there for y'all? I'm not normally one to complain about the heat, but 100 degree temps day after day is insane.

And do you know what's more insane than that? When you discover your air has gone out at 2:30am Saturday morning. We stupidly thought we could make it through the weekend, but by 12:30pm Saturday, Jeff had been gone for hours playing golf with his cousin and Cooper and I were playing outside in the water table because it was cooler there. And to dig the knife in a little deeper, I got glass stuck in my foot. Several weeks ago, Cooper broke a picture frame and while I thought Jeff and I cleaned the glass up well, apparently we didn't. So, in the midst of all this, Jeff had to play surgeon to remove the glass.

Late Saturday afternoon, the air was fixed. Turns out, the motor needed to be replaced in the unit. Motor replaced, on a Saturday, in the sweltering heat- think that might have cost us a pretty penny? There was nothing that could be done, though. We had to get it fixed.

I feel like we can't get cool enough. No amount of air helps because we're constantly opening the door to let Avery out and back in or running errands. You've got to get as much done before 9am, otherwise you'll burn up. You just need a pool and a cool drink!

Stay cool, everyone! And, if you haven't seen Bridesmaids yet, you must go! My cousin Erin and I went last Thursday and it is hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment