In the midst of house hopping, we decided to give staying at home another shot and failed. I'd already put dinner for part of the week in the crock pot, so we allowed that to finish (and get about an hour's sleep) before picking up again and staying at Jeff's parents. Thank goodness for Nana and Bob-O.
The good news is the new recipe was a success and because it's from the Skinny Crock Pot's blog on Facebook, it's also healthy. I'm more critical of my cooking, so I always wonder if the meal could have been better, but Jeff liked it, so I'll fix it again.
*4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, thawed
*1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
*1 container of salsa- your choice (I used roasted corn and black bean)
*Soft tortillas (we use whole wheat)
*Sour cream (optional)
*Shredded cheese (optional)
Throw chicken, black beans, and salsa in the crock pot and cook on high 6-8 hours (mine was closer to 8). Shred chicken and mix everything together well. Serve in tortillas with sour cream and cheese, if desired.
*Jeff used sour cream and cheese and I didn't. He liked his and I liked mine, so it's up to you to add what you like!
No comments:
Post a Comment