Sunday, October 16, 2011

Still here

I'm here, but have been so busy lately.

Cooper turned 2 last Wednesday and his party was last Saturday. It went well and as soon as we're back in our house for more than 10 minutes, the pictures will be downloaded and I'll post about it.

What's that you say? Why are you only in your house for 10 minutes? We have roof rats again! Ha. Ha Ha. We'd heard scratching in the walls, so Jeff called a new exterminator company last Monday. They couldn't make it out until Thursday afternoon and unfortunately, Jeff spotted a rat in the kitchen Monday night. I cannot even express the level of grossness I feel about this. I will spare you the details, but the infestation seems to be worse this year than last and our new exterminator was able to show us where the previous exterminator didn't close up the holes like they claimed they did, essentially giving the rats free reign of our house. We've house hopped all week, sometimes at 2:30am after we just couldn't take the worrying and scratching anymore, but traps are set and we met with the exterminator again tomorrow. We're staying at Jeff's parents' house this week because they are out of town and Cooper and I are on fall break. I am so thankful we have someplace to stay, but as much as I hate our house and want to move, there is something about your own home.

So, in addition to a 2 year old birthday party Saturday and rat infestation, College and Career Night was Tuesday (my big project of the fall semester), Cooper's birthday was Wednesday, exterminator appointment Thursday, trying to find a Halloween costume for Cooper, keeping up with laundry as we jump from house to house, work and all its hecticness with fall break being this week, and doing it all on 2-4 hours of sleep a night- Jeff and I are both exhausted and we're trying to keep some sense of normalcy for Cooper. Hopefully I will have a happier blog post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment