Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happenings with the Radfords

I think I forgot we had a blog the past few weeks. That, or I didn't have anything relevant to contribute or fell asleep before I had the chance. One of those.

We're a really boring family, but with Cooper being in full-fledged Terrible Twos mode, we are just looking to survive. He takes after me with his temper and Jeff with his mischievous ways. It's like the worst of our qualities merged into Cooper. At the same time, out of nowhere, he'll walk up and say, "I want to give Mommy hug!" or "Hey! What's going on?" He never ceases to crack me up and normally when I need it the most.

Here are a few more Cooper highlights:
*Sings along with his tone deaf mother to Adele's "Rolling in the Deep." We discovered this while I was singing along with her Grammy performance and Cooper chimed in.
*Requests Foo Fighters, hums along and "plays" guitar or drums to them. I am most proud of this. What? I knew the lyrics to most Jimmy Buffett songs before the alphabet and look how well I turned out.
*Can count to 10 and recite the alphabet in addition to singing "Happy Birthday", "Rain, Rain Go Away" and "Wheels on the Bus", so no need to call DCS on us not giving him a proper childhood.
*Says "please", "thank you", "excuse me" in context
*Still loves Sesame Street and WoodyBuzz (aka Toy Story). Also into tractors and firetrucks (we have to drive by a construction site and fire station every day for his fix)
*Can run, jump, gallop, and enjoys using stamps more than coloring

Spring is my busy time of the year with state testing, so I'm just bracing myself for the next few months. Jeff is doing well at work and just returned from a successful trip to Georgia.

On a sad note, my aunt Cynthia passed away last Saturday. She had been sick for over 18 years with 5 different types of cancer, Crohn's disease, heart valve issues, and finally kidney failure that resulted in dialysis. An infection in the dialysis port is ultimately what ended her fight. 18 years. Can you imagine being that sick for that long? And y'all she was sick. Things were so bad a few years ago that she couldn't eat- there was no point because it would just go right through her system. I'm glad she's out of pain and she had been suffering for so long, but I'm sad she leaves so many of us that loved her behind. In the last 6 years, my dad and Aunt Leigh have lost both parents and their sister- they're the only 2 left in their family.

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about y'all. So sorry to hear about your aunt, she sounds like such a fighter.

    ReplyDelete