First, I don't understand the big deal about Angelina Jolie's dress. Yes, there was a major slit up the leg, but she didn't stand any different than anyone else posing on the red carpet. Actually for Angelina, I thought the dress was tame and anticlimatic:

Octavia Spencer looked wonderful in her dress and I'm so glad she won for "The Help." Well deserved.

Who put gold lame back on the fashion map? Eeek. Even Stacy Keibler, who I think makes good fashion choices, couldn't save this dress:

Thankfully, she had the dashing George Clooney there to save her from complete failure. Does he ever look bad?
While I loved Melissa McCarthy in "Bridesmaids" and still can snort and laugh my way through it, I just didn't think her dress did anything for her:

I loved Viola Davis's dress. The color, cut, and design looked great on her:

Tina Fey!! She looked so pretty- loved her hair.

I'm not on "The Artist" bandwagon and don't know that I ever will be. I admire that it stepped out of what we consider to be normal Hollywood movies, but I'm just not sure about it.
And I'm not sure about Berenice Bejo's dress, especially with her hair color:

I really wanted to like Missi Pyle's dress, her being a Germantown grad and all, but it just wasn't there. The strap coming off the shoulder look like an ill-fitting gown instead of fashion statement and the bottom didn't match the top. I liked the color, though:

It takes a special man, more specifically, a special 82 year old man, to pull off a purple velvet tux. Christopher Plummer did it and did it well. And if you haven't seen "Beginners", you should.

I also loved Kelly Ripa's and Nancy O'Dell's dresses. I think Nancy O'Dell's could have been a little less yellow, but the design and cut of it were perfect. And Kelly Ripa is pretty much a Barbie doll, so how hard could she have been to fit in a dress?


My favorite- hands down- was Emma Stone. If I could pull off wearing a big bow on a dress, I would everyday.

Billy Crystal did a pretty good job hosting, much better than Anne Hathaway and James Franco. I thought Chris Rock presenting the animation award was hilarious! I did think it was shameful that those that made the documentary "Undefeated" about the Manassas football team didn't even thank the players and coaches who, without them, they wouldn't have had a movie.
The real awards season is over, sadly, so it's back to Pinterest and Cooper update posts. Sorry to all 2 readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment