I will say that I wasn't as impressed with the Red Hot Chili Peppers show, as say, the Foo Fighters (I know, I know). I like bands to introduce all the musicians, do their little solos, and really interact with the crowd. I felt like they were just trying to get through the show, meet their 2 hour requirement, and leave. Apparently they thought the crowd was good, though, because one of the radio stations here was talking about how Flea tweeted out about how great the show was.
Our seats were good:


And the people watching was phenomenal. We walked around the Forum while the "unusual" opening act was playing, then settled into our seats after they finished. From the time we arrived until the time we left, here's some of who we encountered:
*A multitude of women wearing clothing they shouldn't have for various reasons including, but not limited to: overweight, inappropriate for wearing anywhere but in your own home (and maybe not even there), and age.
*Men thinking they are much younger, better looking, or stylish than they really are by wearing too tight tshirts (and Red Hot Chili Peppers tshirts at that- never, NEVER wear the tshirt of the band you are seeing at the concert!) and fedoras, which prompted Jeff's comment of "I'm 40 pounds away from being able to wear a fedora."
*Lots of dads and teenaged sons enjoying the concert together. Reminded me so much of my dad and brother going to Music Fest when Kyle was in middle school. We were sitting a few seats down from one family and at one point, the dad reached his hand out in a "low five" gesture and the kid slapped hands with him. One of those moments where the kid knew his dad was cool for bringing him to the concert, took a break from texting and recording the show on his phone long enough to let him know.
*We had the pleasure of being a few rows up from a girl who obviously loved the Red Hot Chili Peppers. LOVED THEM. She couldn't have been more excited to be there. So excited, in fact, that she must have lost her mind long enough to forget a bra. And forget that she forgot a bra because she had no qualms about letting the off-the-shoulder, loose fitting retro Pink Floyd tshirt fly all over the place as she's dancing. Her poor boyfriend was just trying to keep up with her dance moves because he sure didn't know any Red Hot Chili Peppers songs. Did I mention she had an old school disposable camera when the pictures she was taking on her phone weren't acceptable?
*And in the row in front of her was a gentleman wearing a blue seersucker blazer who must have been under the impression that a hidden camera crew from So You Think You Can Dance was there because he was poppin' and lockin' like his life depended on it.
*The stereotypical drunk guy was in front of us, swaying to the music until he fell on just about everyone around him, sloshing beer, fist-pumping, pointing enough to take someone's eye out, and trying to sing along, but failing miserably.
*Perhaps the winner of the night was the woman leaving the Forum the same time we were. I don't know how else to describe her attire other than small. Shirt was too small and too short. Shorts were too short and too small. And the whole outfit was too exercise-y. I mean, the whole get-up deserved its own word like "exercisey" except I don't know that she's ever exercised, but maybe she does because of the black basketball shoes she was wearing. A new, possibly infected, tramp stamp was proudly displayed, as were some questionable bruises all over her legs. I'm not sure what was going on with her, but she seemed to really have enjoyed the concert, still hollering all the way outside.
*I completely forgot when I first published this to mention the pot smell. I've been to enough Music Fests to pinpoint what pot smells like and it wasn't long into the concert that you could smell it...close to us. We could never pinpoint who it was, but honestly, how bold are you that you'll not only chance smoking inside the Forum, but smoking weed at that? It didn't take long for the cops to descend on the area, walk around a little, then leave, so whoever it was apparently got the message.
Jeff and I both took the day off today, so we took Cooper downtown for a walk after getting a lazy start to the day. And who do we see downtown? Pink Floyd tshirt girl! I'm not lying. Jeff and I got the biggest laugh and her attire hadn't changed much since last night. Oddly enough, there were quite a few people lurking downtown wearing Red Hot Chili Peppers tshirts like they'd slept at the Forum and just ventured out around noon.
There have been lots of concert announcements for the summer, but we don't have anything planned. To really show my age and how crazy my music tastes are, I want to see Chicago and Bonnie Raitt Live at the Garden. We'll see if that actually happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment