Bravo has some of the best trains wrecks, I mean shows, on TV. The Real Housewives franchise and now Pregnant in Heels are the best examples that fill up the DVR.
Pregnant in Heels focuses on Rosie Pope, maternity concierge in New York City. What, say you, is a maternity concierge? Well, this woman- Rosie- helps these outrageously wealthy families prepare for their babies. And the preparation could be anything from fixing up the nursery to hosting a focus group to help a family pick their son's name to match the family's brand.
Blink. Blink, blink.
You read that correctly. Family's brand. Like a marketing ploy.
There's the couple that didn't want anything "baby" for their baby- no babyish nursery (which is okay; I've heard that one before), no baby toys specifically ones that had loud colors or made noise, they didn't want the baby running their lives, she didn't feel connected to the baby, and I sort of feel like they were the couple, who while looking relatively young, may have been one of those, "Hey, if you're not married and I'm not married by the time we're 30, we should just marry each other!" arrangements.
I definitely need to watch another episode to decide if I really like it. Something about it (the absurdity, maybe?) has me hooked, but Rosie's voice annoys me and she does talk down to her clients ever so slightly. I'll probably get hooked. How could you not when the previews show a woman whose criteria for a nanny is that "She can't be hotter than Mama!"
Isn't that every woman's criteria for a nanny? No one needs a Jude Law moment.
ReplyDelete