Saturday, May 21, 2011

Crazy Saturday

A crazy few weeks, actually. I feel like since Spring break, things have been going non-stop for us. Spring is always busy, but with Jeff's trip to Scotland thrown in, I feel like we really got off track. Thankfully, the main part of state testing is over (which is my big responsibility in the Spring), graduation was last night, and I have a week of school left.

Today was no exception in terms of things being hectic. Kelly, a friend of mine from work, has 2 children whose birthdays are a year apart. She did a combined farm themed birthday party for both of them and it was amazing. Kelly and her mom are very creative and the perfect party planners to begin with, but I think she really outdid herself this time. Kelly's family lives in the country, so how convenient is it that she already had a barn to work with for the party?!?! They rented baby goats and chicks (unfortunately we were late and missed out), had real horseshoes as picture frames along with wooden cowboy and cowgirl cutouts, Happy Meal-type boxes for the kids' lunches, coloring tables, and cowboy hat favors. Too cute!


Cowboy Cooper


Cooper took a little while to warm up to the crowd, so Jeff took him to partake in the coloring table.


Cooper preferred the "sunglasses around your neck" look.

Once we finished at the birthday party, we headed home and took advantage of the nice weather, taking all the outside toys out. No need, though, because Coop is very into water. The water hose, specifically. He may play with the lawnmower or t-ball set for a few minutes, but goes right back to spraying himself, making mud pits, and trying to spray us or Avery.




Chasing after his ball. Notice Jeff is still having to spray the water hose.

Checking out the water table:


I think Jeff and I were more tired than Coop after all of today's excitement! Another accomplishment, though- Coop is saying "wa-wa" for "water." We're getting there and I feel like I might be able to stop worrying about his developing vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment