Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms (yep, all 2 of you that read this) out there. I hope your families made you feel like the special women you are!

We had a great weekend. Jeff really worked hard to make sure it was a lot of fun for everyone. Cooper woke up early Saturday morning, so Jeff took him to the golf course, loaded him in the stroller, and they walked a few holes. Jeff said Cooper loved every minute of it and they would have stayed longer if the course didn't get crowded. They made it back in time for us to have breakfast together, hit the farmer's market, and walk downtown before taking Cooper to Nana and Hondo's. We gave my parents and Kyle tickets to Spamalot for their birthdays, so we all went to Saturday afternoon's performance at The Orpheum. Jeff and I had seen it before, but we all loved it! After a quick trip to look at the rising river, we headed back to pick up Cooper and get home in time to watch the end of the Grizzlies game. They managed to win in overtime and as I type, we're waiting for tonight's game to start.

Sunday morning, I awoke to presents from Jeff and Cooper- such sweethearts! I got the new Foo Fighters and Adele CDs (both are wonderful), Steven Tyler's book "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?", and some pajama pants. I went to church, went back home for all of us to take a walk, then was treated to brunch at Majestic Grille. Check out Cooper eating pancakes, French toast, strawberries, bacon, biscuits, and Goldfish...probably all at once:



After brunch, we walked to The Peabody and lucky us, the ducks were out. Cooper loved seeing them. One was chasing the others around and they were splashing and quacking. Cooper thought it was the funniest thing ever:



Cooper fell asleep in the car, so Jeff and I thought we'd all get naps yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, Cooper had other ideas, but Jeff was sweet enough to take him to Nana and Hondo's house so I could rest. They came home and we went to my parents' house to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom.

It was such a great day and great weekend. I am so lucky to have Jeff and Cooper and thankful for such a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment