Monday, May 16, 2011

Shellac Manicure

Have y'all heard about this new manicure that is supposed to last 14 days? The Shellac manicure, while more expensive, is the newest in nail care and I decided to give it a try. A few co-workers and Jeff's mom have had one and while everyone says it didn't last the full 14 days, most everyone said it was worth a try.

I go Saturday afternoon and decided to really treat myself and get a French manicure. Shellac doesn't have many colors to choose from yet, so this was the safest bet. It's a process, for sure. Several layers of polish, several go-rounds under a UV light, and on and on. I have to say, though- I normally mess up a manicure in an hour, 2 on a good day, so I never get them. This one look the same today as it did when I walked out of the salon Saturday.

A hand model, I am not:


48 hours in and I'm still impressed. I'm not sure that I'll keep getting them, but for the moment, I like having cute nails and am enjoying the fact that I've changed sheets on the bed, almost lost a finger to a teething 19 month old when trying to give him Orajel, cooked, done laundry and dishes, and haven't chipped the paint once!

No comments:

Post a Comment