Time is flying by and yesterday, Cooper Boy turned 22 months old. We're hard at work planning the big 2 year old birthday party while trying to keep up with an active toddler.
So what's new these days?
*My personal favorite: Coop saying, "Bless you!" when someone sneezes. "Bless you, Mommy!", "Bless you, Daddy!" When I'm at work and sneeze, I really miss his little voice.
*Not as endearing is "Let go!" It's our fault. When we're changing his diaper, we let him hold the clean one until it's time to put it on. Jeff and I both will say "Let go!" to get it back from him. He's figured out that "Let go!" can be used in any situation. Want Daddy or Mama's cell phone? "Let go!" Wants a toy from his friend, Brody? "Let go!" It's something we're going to have to work on.
*Will repeat anything we ask him to say. We're really working on making Cooper point out what he wants, telling him what the word is for what he wants, and making him repeat it. He also has a very Southern accent and draws out his syllables. Golf comes out "Goooooolf" and mail comes out "maaaaaaiiiillll."
*Loves to point out school buses; cars that look like Mama's, Daddy's, Bob-O's, Nana's, Pops's, and YaYa's; people running and will say "Ha, ha, running!"; babies, puppy dogs, and boats.
*Notices detail..."Glasses off?" when I don't have my glasses on; "Shoes off?" when Jeff and I are barefoot around the house.
*Cooper is still a very picky eater. He will eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at LaLa's, but not anywhere else. He will eat yogurt at Nana and Bob-O's house, but nowhere else. He will eat grilled chicken at Pops and YaYa's house, but it ends there. I'm glad he still eats apples, bananas, grapes, and oranges, but we work hard to make sure he gets balanced meals and it doesn't always work out.
We're getting ready to attempt potty training. I'm not sure of the route we're taking, but I'm getting ready to order a step stool, potty seat for our's and LaLa's houses, and some books. We've tried putting Cooper on the potty a few times and you can tell he thinks he's such a big boy, but no success yet.
We're also getting ready to take down a lot of Cooper's baby things. It's overdue, really, but we're lazy, busy, and quite frankly, I can't get over the fact that Cooper has outgrown his baby stuff. We'll keep the pack-n-play up because it's where we keep Cooper's toys in the living room and he can reach them easily. The swing and jump-a-roo need to be put in storage.
Everything is changing so much and so fast. It's hard to believe our little boy is almost 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment