Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fun Weekend

It's the last weekend before school starts back and I can't believe summer is over. I had a haircut appointment Friday afternoon, but ending up having to cancel it and working late. YaYa picked Cooper up, so once I got him, we met Jeff at home and settled in for the night. Saturday morning, Jeff ran out and got us breakfast and we hung out at home- it was way too hot to be outside for long!

Because we had been on vacation the past 2 weekends, Nana and Bob-O (yes, there has been a name change!) were anxious to have Cooper spend the night. Jeff dropped him off at their house, then picked me up for Mass. Afterwards, we ran a few errands, had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, then saw Friends with Benefits. It was cute and funny. If you're thinking it sounds a lot like last summer's No Strings Attached, you'd be correct, but I have to say I enjoyed Friends with Benefits much more (Justin Timberlake, maybe?).

I picked Cooper up this morning, then headed to my parents' house while Jeff worked. Unfortunately, we've taken another step towards Cooper being less baby and more kid with his first haircut this morning. No pictures, as it took 3 of us to keep Cooper somewhat still for YaYa to cut his hair, but rest assured, I did tear up and locks of hair were saved. Yes, I am THAT mother.

And if Pops ends up having to have a hip replacement in the near future, you'll know why:

He and Cooper were going down each step on their backsides. Over and over and over again. I prayed the entire time that nothing would pop out of socket.

One of the things Cooper loves to do is play in the sink at my parents' house. YaYa was helping him and all over a sudden, I heard her laughing. I ran in to find this:

Cooper thought it was hilarious!

We spent the afternoon at home, then went to Nana and Bob-O's for dinner. Cooper loves these chocolate covered ice cream bars and Bob-O was nice enough to be the one who helped Cooper...it gets messy!



Bob-O helping Cooper feed the fish.

And anytime we go to Nana and Bob-O's, we have to feed the fish and ducks in their neighborhood's pond:

Three generations of Radford boys.

Hope you and yours had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment