I got this recipe from a blog called Plain Chicken that I follow. Although I was pretty certain I had messed it up, it didn't turn out that bad. For those of you who are just as shocked as I am that our oven was turned on 2 days in a row for cooking purposes, just slow your roll. This will be tomorrow night's dinner and Jeff will probably grill out for us the rest of the week. I can't have people thinking I might actually have some clue as to what I'm doing in a kitchen.
Taco Cornbread Bake
*1 lb ground beef
*1 packet taco seasoning
*1/3 cup water
*1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
*1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
*1 box Jiffy cornbread mix, plus ingredients to make cornbread
*1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*Sour cream
*Salsa
In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning, simmering for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and black beans. Spoon into 8x8 baking dish. Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Spread over beef mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
I will definitely make this again, but might add corn to it on the next try. It tasted fine, but I figure adding another vegetable, even if it isn't the healthiest one, can't be bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment