Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Are You Kidding Me With This?

I really didn't come up with any resolutions this year. Not that I don't have things I can work on, but I just wasn't into it.

Maybe I should have picked patience. Or stop letting small things stress me. Or stop thinking everyone is a fool.

I am a germaphobe and need a constant supply of hand soap. We were out at work, so during my lunch break, I run into Walgreens. For personal reasons, I never shop there, but it was closest to work, I'd already used up most of my lunch time shopping at Target (and forgotten to get soap there), and needed somewhere quick to run into.

I grab the soap and head to the register. I picked the store brand because it was cheaper. The cashier starts ringing me up, then says, "Did you see the Softsoap was on sale for (whatever the price was- I can't remember)?" I responded that I didn't, but it was okay...it wasn't marked on the shelf, I was in a hurry, and there were people lined up behind me. She continues- "Well, it was in our ad yesterday, so even if it wasn't marked on the shelf, it's still a valid price. Don't you check our ad?" Again, I tell her that's okay and that I'll just take what I had originally picked.

And then she offers this nugget of wisdom: "Maybe in the future you should take the time to read our ad so you're better prepared to shop here."

*Blink*

*Blink. Blink*

Did I just get reprimanded for not investigating and plotting my every move at Walgreens?

I know it's small, I know I am blowing it way out of proportion, but something about being put down for what amounted to a $3 purchase irked me. Maybe she thought she was being helpful, but instead, she further validated one of the reasons I never shop there.

And yes, I am fully aware that if I continue allowing things like this to bother me enough to write a blog post about it, I will die of a heart attack sooner, rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment