I feel like I've done a lot of reading and movie watching lately, which is good because it helps me relax. Jeff gave me a Kindle for Christmas and I seem to read much faster using it. I don't have to use my glasses, I can still read on the treadmill, and there's no glare on the screen. I'm kinda dorkishly (yes, I made it up) in love with it.
I held off on reading The Hunger Games series for a while. It seemed morbid (it is), but everyone was reading it and I just didn't want to be yet another person saying, "You haven't read Hunger Games? What is wrong with you?" Now I am that person because I had the first book read within a few days and have now finished the series. Very morbid, but very good. Like edge of your seat good. If you liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, you'll like Hunger Games.
I have also read The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan, which is about a 30something year old woman who discovers she has invasive breast cancer and within a few months of her diagnosis, her family discovers her dad has cancer, too. Good book and funny, but it hit close to home for me, so I think I got more emotional than you're supposed to reading it.
Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? was hilarious. She plays Kelly Kapoor on The Office and even though she's not a main character, she's probably my favorite because everyone knows that girl. She explains how she got into Hollywood and what goes into her character on the show. Very good, easy, light-hearted read.
Now I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63, which is about a man charged with going back in time to investigate, and possibly stop, the JFK assassination. I'm not normally a Stephen King reader and it is taking a while for the story to get going, but I'm trying to stick with it. Rob Lowe's and Hota Kotb's books are probably going to be the next reads.
As far as movies go, Jeff and I made it to the theater to see Young Adult and both wished we picked something else. We both think Patton Oswalt is so funny and the previews made the movie look good. Not so...wait for DVD.
We've done pretty well getting our movies watched quickly that come from Netflix, which is good because they're charging a ton of money these days. Whoever thought I'd miss Blockbuster? Anyway- Our Idiot Brother was probably my favorite. Cute, quirky, and very smart. I laughed through the whole thing. Moneyball made it to us last week and we watched it right before the Golden Globes. We both liked it, but Jeff moreso. As he said, "It's about the nerdy side of baseball." Bad Teacher was okay, but we loved the Change-Up. Warning- it's graphic, but if you can get past that, it's funny. Crazy, Stupid, Love was very endearing and even though I'm not an Adam Sandler fan and sometimes find Jennifer Aniston annoying, we both thought Just Go with It was entertaining. Next up for rentals is The Ides of March and I'm really hoping we can make it to the theater for The Descendants. I've been laughing every time I see George Clooney run around the street corner in loafers since I saw the first preview.
No comments:
Post a Comment