Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

It's awards show season and time for me to give my take on the fashions at the Golden Globes. You know, like I'm some fashion expert. As I type this, Nicole Richie is about to appear on the Today Show as their fashion expert. I thought she looked like a disco ball in her dress last night, but who am I to judge?

Ricky Gervais? Hilarious. They just need to keep him around as host forever.


LOVE Claire Danes's dress. Absolutely love it. Loved her dress last year, too. She may be my new favorite fashion icon.


I thought Jessica Chastain from "The Help" looked beautiful in her dress. The white dress with her red hair was perfect and I loved the high neckline with pearl beading.


I hate to point it out, but Helen Mirren, while not looking like it, is 66. Not only did I think her dress was "age appropriate", but it was stunning. Love the color and, of course, the ruffles.


Again with the ruffles- I love them when done correctly and Tina Fey looked gorgeous.


At first, Heidi Klum's dress didn't strike me. It was pretty and I liked the turquoise against the nude color, but then I saw the back...or lack thereof. So pretty!


The red was really pretty on Stacy Keibler and it had a perfect bow in the back. Oh, and George Clooney...wow.


Yowza...


My favorite dress of the night by far. Sofia Vergara is gorgeous and she might have been sewn into the dress, but I love the color, the ruffled train, and the shape of it.


I am undecided on Charlize Theron's dress. On a hanger or the wrong person, this dress would be awful. I think she pulls it off, but just barely. It's an understated color, but the low cut front, high cut leg with ruffle, and train make it almost too busy.


It may not be fair for me to hate on Lea Michele's dress. I'm not a fan of her in general, so maybe my hatred on the dress is more directed at her and her Glee character, Rachel Berry. No, it's the dress. It's hideous.


I really do think Salma Hayek is pretty, but her dress? A little too Studio 54 for my taste.


Poor Zooey Deschanel...I think she's adorable and love "New Girl", but her dress? A little like a Lite Brite, no?


Someone should tell Sarah Michelle Gellar that even though she's been out of the public eye for several years, tie dye is not back in style.


Worst look of the night goes to Ms. Flock of Seagulls herself, Tilda Swinton!

Even though the Golden Globes are my favorite awards show because everyone is more relaxed (or drunk), I am anxiously awaiting the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment