Sunday, March 4, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

We've had a tough weekend. Cooper has had a stomach bug and we've been stuck inside. While the good news is he's felt well enough to be up and playing most of the time, that's also the bad news. Cooper is as strong willed as I am, mischievous as Jeff, and is in the middle of Terrible Twos. Let's just say Mommy and Daddy need a break. These walls are closing in.

Despite his antics, he is saying some really hilarious things. He repeats everything he hears, which makes me need to keep that Lenten promise of no cussing up more than I am. Here are some of his latest quips:

*Running in our bedroom while I was changing the sheets saying, "Hey Mommy! I'm gonna need your help!" All of his crayons and stamps mysteriously got dumped out and I needed to clean them up.
*Used to constantly ask "Mommy, what are you doing now?" and has added, "Hey! What's going on?"
*Loves Honey Nut Chex, but calls it "Pops' cereal" because it's what he always rummages through my parents' pantry to find when he gets to their house.
*When you ask, "Cooper did you go to the doctor?" he'll gladly tell you, "Coopie go to doctor. Doctor look in Coopie's ears. Coopie cry!"
*When Jeff runs out at night, Cooper automatically asks if Daddy is going to get the french fries. Think we might go to Chick-fil-A a bit much? And if the answer is no, his next question is either, "Daddy take the garbage out?" or "Daddy go to grocery store? Daddy ride in grocery cart!"
*Walks outside and says, "It's cold!" or "It's windy!" Still will touch stuff and say, "It's hit! Let it cool off."
*And he just told Jeff, "Daddy! That's enough!" when Jeff started tickling him.

I'm sure this is just the beginning of really funny things Cooper will come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment