Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lemonade Chicken

I am so proud of Jeff. He started Weight Watchers last Wednesday and so far, so good. He's really taking to the challenge and I'm trying to be supportive by not asking for Chick-fil-A for every meal.

I am able to log in to the Weight Watchers website using his account to find recipes and check nutritional information for restaurants. The first recipe I found that looked both good and easy was for lemonade chicken. I made it tonight and Jeff loved it. I thought it was good, but for this, I want Jeff to like it so it encourages him. Even Cooper liked it!

Here's the recipe:
*4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*1 can frozen lemonade, thawed
*1/3 cup soy sauce

Mix thawed lemonade and soy sauce together. Spray a 9"x13" Pyrex dish with Pam and arrange chicken in it. Pour lemonade/soy sauce mixture on top. Back at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.

The only thing I may do differently is flip the chicken halfway through cooking. The mix will be thin, so it rolls right off the chicken, but flipping it might keep some of the mixture in the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment