Anyway, Bread Crumb Chicken looked good and seemed easy. I was even able to find a similar recipe that was Weight Watchers approved, so Jeff was on board. I ended up combining the 2 recipes, so the points were more than originally believed, but I still think it was better than some other crud we've been known to eat.
Bread Crumb Chicken
*4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
*1/2 cup sour cream (I used reduced fat)
*1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I know I used more than this)
*Bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a greased Pyrex dish (I used Pam). Mix sour cream and Parmesan cheese, then spread mixture over chicken breasts. Sprinkle bread crumbs over chicken, as desired (ours had a light coating, but you can use as much as you want). Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Here's the finished product:

I have this fear of serving undercooked chicken, so I may have cooked ours a little too long. As in, I spent 15 minutes cleaning the burned pieces out of that Pyrex dish and it's still not completely clean. Oops.
I do have to brag on Jeff for a moment. He is in his 4th week of Weight Watchers and doing amazingly well. He's lost 17 pounds so far and has noticed a difference in the way his clothes fit. We've been going on long walks downtown the past few weekends and he and Cooper are now getting up to go on my morning walks with me. He says he's starting to feel his competitive side come out, so we're both hopeful that he will continue with the program.
No comments:
Post a Comment