Friday, I took off work for Mama's lumpectomy. For those that don't know, Mama was diagnosed with Lobular Carcinoma In Situ (LCIS). It is a type of pre-cancerous cell, normally found in milk ducts. While the cells are pre-cancerous now, they do make a person up to 50% more susceptible to breast cancer. So, she had a lumpectomy Friday morning and her surgeon said everything went very well. The pathology report should be back Tuesday, but we expect good news. She will be referred to an oncologist and probably prescribed Tamoxifen because of the increased cancer risk, but the fact that this was caught so early is definitely an argument for why regular mammograms are so important.
Saturday morning, Jeff played golf while Cooper and I hung out. We all had breakfast together when Jeff got home, then went outside to play. This boy LOVES being outside. He chased Avery, rode in his wagon, picked up leaves, and checked out the dogs next door.

Running!!

Loves his wagon!
After playing in the backyard, we all took a walk. We just couldn't get enough outside time! Then we ran errands and went to Mama and Daddy's house to visit YaYa. Once we got home, we all took naps, then Jeff took Cooper to Nana and Hondo's so we could have a date night.
In pure "Jana" fashion, I ran late getting ready, so by the time we got to the theater, it was packed and we were already only 2 minutes away from showtime. We scraped plans for a movie and ended up getting Huey's take-out and calling it an early night. We know how to party.
Jeff worked at the golf course and I went to church and Target for my weekly (more like daily) stop. I headed to Nana and Hondo's to pick up Cooper. He had been just as active with them as he was with us Saturday and managed to get his first knee scrape. When you ask to see his boo-boo, he immediately points to his knee!

He used to hate wearing baseball caps, but he loves them now. He looks more and more like a little boy than a baby.

Having a snack and showing how he can share.
We got home, Cooper got a bath and had lunch, then Jeff and I had lunch. We all ended up taking another nap and waking up at 7:30pm! I think we were all exhausted from the weekend! It was great, though, and next weekend looks like it's going to be pretty again!
Yay for great weather. The kids would stay out there past dark if we would let them. It just does something for your soul to be outside. Can't wait for spring!
ReplyDelete