Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweet Southern Boy



I'll admit we haven't been the most adventurous when it comes to giving Cooper new foods. Call it laziness, fear of food allergies, trying not to mess with a good thing (as in the things we know he will eat), or not being completely sure about what's acceptable to feed him, but we're stuck in a rut. Jeff and I were having sausage and biscuits for breakfast Saturday morning and decided to give Cooper a sausage patty. He loved it! He was a hungry boy and ended up with sausage, biscuits, and a cinnamon toast waffle for breakfast. When I said how surprised I was that he ate the sausage, Cooper's godmother Tori reminded me that he's a Southern boy and knows what's good for breakfast!

We paid a visit to Pops and YaYa this morning and Cooper had grapes for the first time. He loved those, too and I'm glad. Jeff and I try to give Cooper fruit at every meal and you can tell he's getting weary of bananas and mandarin oranges. Since he's refusing applesauce and peaches these days, we're starting to run low on options. I think Jeff and I have hesitated on grapes, raisins, and Craisins for the choking risk, but we may be okay.

And, he loves string cheese, but hold the phone on that one. He doesn't like it pulled off in strings, but cut up in half circles. Much like his temper, I have no idea where his pickiness comes from. Haha...ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment