Sunday, February 27, 2011

Academy Awards

I am in the process of watching the Academy Awards, but much like the Golden Globes, I'm keeping an eye on the fashions.

One that I was really surprised I liked was Melissa Leo. Again with the sleeves on dresses, but something about this one really caught my eye. It fit her well, the color looked good on her and the metallic mosaic worked.


Even though she has stylists and the dress was probably made for her, I have to give Natalie Portman credit for looking glamorous throughout red carpet season while being pregnant. She looks so happy here, too.


Hilary Swank hit it out of the park. Love the color, love the sequins, LOVE the feathers.


Part of this is because Matthew McConaughey is very good looking, but how unfair is it that Camila Alves has 2 young kiddos and looks this perfect? That dress is amazing on her. I adore the ballgown skirt.


Sharon Stone channeling Black Swan, no? Anyway, I think the dress is a little understated, even with the feathers, but do like it.


If Mandy Moore's dress had been a different color, even a slightly different shade, I would have LOVED it. Unfortunately, it just washed her out. Seriously though, I think everything else about it- shape, beading, length- is beautiful:


I'll give Halle Berry credit: at least she doesn't look as stripper-ish as she did at the Golden Globes. I actually like the dress, although I think I would have done without the tulle that looks as though someone said, "Hold still, Halle. I've got this great idea that we'll just throw some tulle at you, then pin it where it lands."


Oh Mila, Mila, Mila...is that fringe? Girl, please. That is a funky color, with some weird cut-outs, and this just odd look. I will take your arms, though.


Michelle Williams- first with a daisy dress for the Golden Globes and now this? I thought the Oscars were a night of glamour, not boredom.


Does the top of Cate Blanchett's dress remind anyone else of The Flying Nun?


Normally I think Marisa Tomei is great, but not this time. It's just too much tulle. Way, way, like 80s prom too much tulle.


In the "Just 'cause you got it, doesn't mean you have to flaunt it" category, Scarlett Johansson:


I wasn't overly impressed with the fashions this year. It was just kinda blah. Maybe everyone is out of ideas after all the other awards shows they've had to dress for.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I totally was looking forward to this post this morning! Way to start off my Monday!

    ReplyDelete