Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beautiful Weather

This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous, which made today's bone-chilling and windy weather all the more miserable. We were scheduled to go to a baby shower for our friends Dave and Shanda, but Dave ended up in the hospital and the shower was cancelled. Nana and Hondo still wanted to keep Cooper, so they took Cooper and ventured to Shelby Farms to enjoy the weather.


He wore his hat like that almost all day.


Going off-road in the 4 wheeler from Jeff's grandmother, Martha.

Jeff and I took the time to run some errands and see "Black Swan." Creepy, but very good. I think the camera work added a whole dimension to the freakiness of the movie. As someone who took dancing for 15 years though, I was very impressed. I know, I know...gorgeous weather and we spent the afternoon inside at the movie theater.

We have a little rocker on our hands. I've talked about how Cooper marches and snaps. Now he does this sort of head bang thing when a song comes on he likes. Today I was watching a video Uncle Kyle posted of him singing a Jimmy Buffett song and playing guitar. Cooper was head banging and rocking along to it.

Two new things Cooper is doing that melt my heart. Cooper normally wakes up right before or during my treadmill workout. He'll run to me and give me a big hug, then hang out with Jeff or go back to sleep before we have to go to Mrs. Lara's. Lately when we get home in the afternoons, he gets so excited as I'm unlocking the door. It's like he knows home is where he is safe, loved, and probably most important in his little mind, where his toys and puppy are.

No comments:

Post a Comment