Today is the last day of January. Woohoo! We've made it one month into the new year. How's everyone doing with their resolutions? Not well? Good, I'm in great company.
I haven't totally sucked it up. I have made strides and I hope this momentum continues. So, for the update:
1. Work on debt- we've made some improvements in this area. We are not able to do as much as we would like, but we did not get to where we are overnight and it will not be fixed overnight, as much as I would like for that magic wand or genie in a bottle to appear and make it so.
2. Cook at home- we're getting there. Jeff and I have tried a few new recipes- chicken margherite, chicken taco soup- but we could have done better. I could give excuses, but for the most part, we were probably just lazy.
3. Eat healthier- let's put it this way: the guy who works the window at Chick-Fil-A on weekday mornings still knows how many Sweet and Lows I need for my tea and coffee. But wait! I bought bagels and granola at Fresh Market tonight, which will not only save me money from not going to Chick-Fil-A (see #1), but will also help me to reach this 3rd goal. And, if anyone has any decent breakfast recipes that will keep me full from 7am-11am, please pass them along. 4:45am wake up calls to work out before being at work at 6:45am make good, healthy, and easy breakfasts difficult.
4. Take time for the small things- oddly enough, this is probably where I've been most successful. Going to Bikram yoga with Leigh got me over the initial fear of trying yoga. Ever since, I've been going to the yoga studio Jeff's aunt works at and I love it. I'm hooked and have been going 3-4 times a week. I get a sense of accomplishment each time I go and it's also allowed me to enjoy time with Cooper and Jeff more, relax a little, and get more stuff done in general.
We'll continue to work on these goals during February. I had also said I wanted to explore the Greenline and new restaurants in town. It has been nasty cold for the most part, so the Greenline is out and new restaurants...well, we'll get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment