Thursday, March 3, 2011

2 Down, 10 to Go

February is over and it's time for a recap of my New Year's Resolutions, month #2.

I had to look back at my original post to remember what all of mine were. I'd say it's going well.

No matter. I'm happy to report there were some small victories and everyone has to start somewhere.

1. Work on debt- again, little strides here and there. I think a lot of our progress is this area is coming from changing our spending habits. I'd much prefer that this resolution wasn't an issue, let alone one that would take so long, but it's got to be done.

2. Cook at home- we're rolling right along in this category, but need to get better about planning meals. Jeff helps by grilling out, but the way our patio is set up, he can't if the weather is bad. We've had snow, rain, and really cold temperatures, so our grand ideas of hamburgers, grilled chicken, and steaks haven't always worked out and because of our lack of planning, we ended up with a lot of thrown together dinners. I did try a new recipe- beef and cheddar foldover- from Cookbook Jungle, but it won't be added to the rotation. It was edible, but nothing great. I did homemade chicken pot pie this week (I hadn't made it in a while), but the other meals I've cooked at home were stand-bys: spaghetti, chicken enchiladas.

3. Eat healthier- despite needing easy, quick, and healthy breakfast ideas (aside from oatmeal; I am burned out), there is some improvement to report! I have cut down on my Chick-Fil-A runs; been eating cereal at work (and I'm coming close to being burned out on it); trying to eat more fruits, vegetables, and dairy; and have found a new product that I think I'm sticking with. It's called GoodBelly and it's a probiotic. Mango is my favorite flavor and it's basically juice to help with your digestion and immunity.



4. Take time for the small things: I'm doing better, but not great, in this area. One of my new favorite things is for Jeff, Cooper, and I to spend time outside. Cooper loves it. He runs, chases Avery, chases us, plays, gets pulled in the wagon, pushed in the stroller or just hangs out. Going back inside is an ordeal. I'm still going to yoga, although I had to take a week hiatus to get over a cold. A big deal, though (and apparently it isn't as advanced as I once thought, but still impressive to me)- I hung upside down off the wall at yoga last night! I had said when I first started and saw another lady do this in class that I eventually wanted to get to that point. I'd done some work on the wall, mainly hanging off sideways, but last night, despite being scared and not completely trusting that my body would hold me up- I did it.


Not me or anyone I know. My hands were on the floor because I'm still somewhat chicken, thankyouverymuch.

Progress is progress, no matter how big or small. Now if I could only convince my Type A personality self that, we'd be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment