The beginning of the week was cool and rainy. Because Cooper was still on antibiotics for a double ear infection and cold, we stayed indoors. We played with crayons (okay, Cooper was more interested in eating them), Cooper learned to climb onto the couch in the living room or use whatever was handy (trick-or-treat pumpkin, "Critter Clinic") to climb on the den couch or ottoman, read lots of books, and ran around and around and around the house.
By Wednesday, we needed a change of scenery, so we spent the day with Pops and YaYa's house. YaYa had a doctor's appointment, but made it home in time for me to get to a doctor's appointment and keep Cooper. Thursday brought much nicer weather, so Cooper and I took a long walk and played in the backyard until Jeff got home.

Running, playing, chasing after Avery, checking out the dogs in the backyard next door...what could be better?
We took an early morning walk Friday, then met YaYa at a smocking supply store to pick out stuff for Cooper's Easter outfit and summer jon-jon. We were able to make it home in time for Cooper to take a nap and for me to watch the heartbreaking Memphis vs. Arizona game.
Coop was ready to cheer on the Tigers:

Friday night, Jeff and I went to a surprise party for one of my co-workers, so Cooper spent the night with Nana and Hondo. Jeff and I ran errands, then I went to yoga while Jeff took Cooper to his grandparents' house for a visit. By the time we all made it home, we were worn out and ready to relax. It was a low-key night, which was good since we ended up having a busy Sunday. We met our favorite photographer, Erin Reagan, at the Botanic Gardens for a few pictures, then went to Memorial Park's grotto- yes, a cemetery- for more pictures. That is, until Cooper took a header and busted his bottom lip- bad. We briefly considered a trip to the ER, but once everyone calmed down, we cleaned him up a little, it wasn't as bad as we originally thought.
So what better way to reward Cooper for being a big boy and Mama and Daddy for not panicking than brunch at Majestic Grille:

Don't you feel sorry for him? He's got the "Look at my boo-boo. It huuuuurts." facial expression down like a champ.
Criteria for brunch included being affordable and having outdoor seating so if Cooper got a little out of sorts, there's an easy out. He did so well! He got ticked when I wouldn't keep picking up the toy car he kept dropping, but with enough French toast, biscuits, pancakes, and strawberries, he was on better behavior.
While he didn't cry, Cooper did have a "monkey grip" on me when I tried to drop him off at Mrs. Lara's. Those arms and legs were wrapped tightly around me and he wasn't letting go! Thankfully, Lara knows she can pretty much bribe him with cinnamon toast waffles and get whatever she needs, so once she got the toaster going, he was gone! I think I ultimately had a tougher time leaving than he did with me walking out the door.
We have Good Friday off, but that's it until the summer. I believe lots of playtime outside, swimming, zoo trips, and walks outside are in our future!
No comments:
Post a Comment