Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4: Top 11 for 2011

Best Leftover Recipe...I'm guessing by "recipe" the chicken lo mein from Pei Wei doesn't count.

I'm not setting the world on fire with any of my cooking, but I do think my chicken enchiladas are edible, both fresh out of the oven and as leftovers. They're Jeff's favorite, probably because it's one of the only things we cook at home that doesn't require him to grill out.

So, here you go, all 3 faithful blog readers, my recipe for Chicken Enchiladas:
*3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*Reduced fat sour cream
*1 taco seasoning packet
*Mexican blend cheese
*Soft tortillas
*Taco sauce

Cook chicken in crock pot. Once cooked, shred chicken and mix with sour cream and taco seasoning (I normally mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together, then add the chicken in). Spray a 13"x9" Pyrex dish with non-stick cooking spray. From there, you can go about this 2 ways:

1. Layer the chicken mixture and tortillas in the dish, or;
2. Take a tortilla, spread the chicken mixture on it, roll it up, and place in the Pyrex dish.

Either way, you will then top with the taco sauce and Mexican blend cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment