Saturday, we took my car for an oil change, then ran errands. We came home, had breakfast, then Jeff and I caught up on DVRed shows while Cooper napped. We had lunch once Cooper woke up, then Jeff and Tori came to visit! Tori's birthday was last Thursday, so she and I went for pedicures while the boys hung out. I think Cooper had a lot of fun showing them his tricks.
After Jeff and Tori left, we drove around town for a while, but we were all tired and turned in early. Sunday morning, I went to church, then Jeff, Cooper and I went to brunch at Trolley Stop Market. This restaurant opened early in the summer and serves all local products on their menu. Is it weird to say I had some wonderful cheese grits there? Yes, well, they are very good- better than Brother Juniper's, I'm sorry to say. Trolley Stop also sells produce, meats, granola, jewelry, artwork, and lots of other great, locally produced, items. When the Memphis Farmer's Market isn't in season, this is where you can buy all the vendors' merchandise.

Me and Cooper checking out the organic meat and poultry, as if either one of us knows what to do with it.

Jeff and Cooper hanging out, waiting for brunch.
After brunch, we hung out around the house, napped, caught up on DVR, then headed to Nana and Hondo's for dinner. Cooper spent the night with them so I could go to yoga class this morning. While I really liked the hot yoga class I went to, I am going to the place Jeff's aunt Susan works at instead. The people are much nicer, the facility is cleaner, and I feel much better. Today was my 3rd yoga class overall and I think I'm hooked.
Once I picked Cooper up, we came home, played, and waited for Jeff to get off work. We were able to spend some time together before it was Cooper's bedtime.
Hope you and your family enjoyed the long weekend!
I can't believe you said their cheese grits were better than Brother Juniper's. I'll have to forward this information to my husband and we will go down to this place and well, we'll just have to see about that.
ReplyDeleteCheck out Au Fond, too. I like their's better than Brother Juniper's, as well.
ReplyDeleteCheese grits better than Brother Juniper's? I'm with Leigh. I think we need to order grits at all three places and have a taste test. I just can't imagine anything better than Brother Juniper's except my Mema's grits. My mom did give me the recipe to Mema's grits. I guess I should try to make them one of these days.
ReplyDelete