Today's topic is places I hope to go this year. Am I aiming too low to say Gould's and leave it at that?
Yes? Crap, let me think then.
I think the point of today's topic was to pick somewhere out of town that you hope to go. Let's face it: we're going to St. Pete Beach in July and that will be our vacation for the year. I'm more than fine with that; Jeff isn't as into as I am. With my #1 resolution being to work on debt, traveling isn't something that is high on the priority list right now.
My take on this might have to be a little closer to home and incorporate some things I've been scared or too busy to try.
1. Some kind of exercise class: yoga, zumba, boot camp, hula hoop- I want to do something other than walking for exercise. My problem is that I feel like the world is laughing at me as I learn, so I need someone to come with me, hold my hand, then laugh at me.
2. The Greenline: Memphis has a new stretch of greenline that goes from midtown/downtown to Shelby Farms. It's been too cold to really get out an experience it, but I am so anxious for spring and summer because I have heard great things.
3. Restaurants in town: Jeff and I don't go out to nice restaurants like we used to, but I'd really like for us to try some new places. At the top of my list is SweetGrass in Cooper-Young.
Is anyone planning a big trip this year?
We're going to yoga together! And then we'll die of heat exhaustion togather! Yay!
ReplyDeleteOn a different note, I really really want to go to Restaurant Iris. I've heard amamzing things.
And tennis- don't forget we're trying that, too!
ReplyDeleteI had a friend that used to work there as a sous chef. He is ill with cancer and had to quit, but LOVED it there. I have heard nothing but good things about it from him and people who have tried it.