However, that hasn't stopped me from seeing all the fashion hits and misses of the night. There were definitely a lot of trends- sleeves, backless dresses, jewel tones- and I have a lot of favorites.

Claire Danes- love her entire look; probably my favorite of the night. The dress is amazing, her hair and make-up are perfect, and her jewelry was just enough to highlight the look.

Olivia Wilde- I am a big fan of sparkles and big ball gowns when done correctly and in my opinion, this was done correctly. Like Claire Danes, her whole look came together really well.

Jenna Ushkowitz- beautiful blue color, beaded belt, ruffles- so pretty!

Christina Hendricks- the color is amazing on her and the ruffles are AH-MAZING!

Emma Stone- at first, I didn't like her dress. I'm not a huge fan of sleeves with formal gowns, but then you see the back (or lack thereof), and it completely changed my opinion. It was so classy, yet understated. I'm not a fan of her hair color (fellow redheads need to stick together), but I think the blonde looks better with this dress than the red would.

Kyra Sedgwick- I thought her dress was beautiful. The color wasn't your typical formal dress color, but it worked with the ruffles and flowiness of the dress. Perfect!

Anne Hathaway- I normally love her dress choices, but this one was a miss. I think the shoulder padding, sleeves, and weird beading completely threw the whole dress off.

Julianne Moore- if the dress was without the puffy and cuffed sleeve, I would have really liked it.

January Jones- as much as I love her on "Mad Men", I don't think this dress looked good on her. Sure, she's got the body for it, but I think her look is old Hollywood glamour and this just doesn't fit the bill. Plus, the fringe is just wrong.

Scarlett Johansson- I just think she looks so...boring. Again with the sleeves, I'm just not a fan.

Tilda Swinton- I can't say much about her dress because it's similar to my bridesmaids' dresses and I love them. However, her coloring, hair color, and the dress just make her look way to washed out.

In another "Just because you have the body, doesn't mean you should wear it" case, Halle Berry. Wrong, just wrong.
And the "Oh my gosh, I didn't recognize you!" winner:
Trent Reznor:

A far cry from this:

And perhaps the train wreck of the night:

Sweet Lord, who let Helena Bonham Carter out of her hotel room looking like that? Yeah, I know, she's eclectic and always has been. This goes past "eclectic" and right into strait jacket territory.
Yes, I agree. Except for the bridesmaid comment. They are both top and skirt but our dresses were not all Hey! Look! I found my hubby's oxford shirt and threw it on with my satin skirt! Fabulous! No, ours were way classier than that.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I was very disappointed witih Halle, Julianne, and Anne.